Monday, December 10, 2007

Day 1 of Potato Puree

Today is the first day that I am giving him potato puree. I bought the potato that has white flesh rather than yellow flesh potatoes. Yellow flesh potatoes will take longer time to cook. I washed the potato thoroughly and cut it into 4. I steamed the potato with its skin for about 15 minutes. Once cooked, I peeled of the skin and blend/grind the potato flesh into puree. I use breastmilk to make the puree thinner.







Schedule for Today:

Morning: Breastmilk

Noon: Potato with breastmilk, continue with breastmilk

Afternoon and night: 1 tablespoon of rice cereal & breastmilk



Allergy Reaction:

No allergy reaction observed.



Texture of Food:

Same as previously.



Amount of Food:

The amount of food is 2 1/2 tablespoons of potato and breastmilk.



Baby reaction:

He seems to enjoy the potato puree. But towards the end he kept on gagging so I gave him a little bit water in between. Eventually, he managed to finish up his food.



Notes:

Steaming is a better way to cook baby food rather than boiling or microwaving. This because it helps to retain most of the food nutrients.



I offered him another meal of rice cereal in the afternoon. He seems to accept is willingly and he finished up rather quickly. I guess, he is ready to eat two times a day. I will monitor again tomorrow.



Age:

6 months